Wednesday 15 November 2017

Late Romans v Irish a WAB Age of Arthur Warm-Up Game

Last week, with the WAB event fast approaching Steve and I decided to get a warm-up game in.
Now clearly in the gentlemanly circles in which WAB is played practicing is very much NOT the done thing. So this wasn't me doing that. Oh no I was just helping Steve get to grips with the rules.

Truth be told it's over a week ago now, I've had a sleep or nine, a gastric bug and played several more WAB games so I can't really remember many details

Anyway, we put the soldiers out and had a fight.



 Loads and loads and loads of ginger haired savages

 Some on horses!

I'd assured Steve that cavalry in Age of Arthur are mostly bobbins and there only for show
Turns out he was misinformed.

 Ooof!

They slammed into the side of my commitatus and broke them.





My archers gamely fended off the much vaunted Irish attack dogs



In the end only my archers were still alive (and clearly destined for a gruesome end)



Good fun game is WAB, even if I must learn to better defend my flanks

1 comment: